Emily 's Reviews > The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre

The Fifth of March by Ann Rinaldi

Jan 19, 12

I read this because I was a fan of Rinaldi's book Acquaintance with Darkness. I didn't think I would enjoy a historical fiction book, but I really liked reading it!

It started off kinda boring, but as the first couple of chapters went on, it became a great book with a well-written plot.

I noticed that not all of the historical information in here was correct. But most of the time, it was. (Rinaldi wrote "Townsend Acts" instead of "Townshend Acts") The parts about the Boston Massacre were very accurate with what actually happened.

I disliked the ending. I wanted it to continue on because Rinaldi had so many untied ends. Maybe she wanted the readers to guess for ourselves. But the only thing was that the story ended with such a broad range of things unexplained, that anything could have happened.

I gave this book 4 stars mostly because of the ending which seemed unfinished. The writing style of this book was immaculate.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifth of March.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Marie (last edited Jan 19, 2012 09:06PM) (new) - added it

Marie I read Just Jane  A Daughter of England Caught in the Struggle of the American Revolution (Great Episodes) by William Lavender, a Great Episodes book, too for my outside reading assignment. Here's the link to my review:

Either way, that book was the best, I elaborate in my review. I loved it sooo much. Glad you liked it too!

message 3: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie I didn't know that An Acquaintance with Darknesswas a Great Episodes book! That's the book on the one pager sample!

Emily Marie wrote: "I didn't know that An Acquaintance with Darknesswas a Great Episodes book! That's the book on the one pager sample!"

It was an AMAZING book! I used it on my book bag report in 5th grade

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Emily wrote: "Marie wrote: "I didn't know that An Acquaintance with Darknesswas a Great Episodes book! That's the book on the one pager sample!"

It was an AMAZING book! I used it on my book bag re..."

I vaguely remember that project... What did I do? Hmmm...