AriatheNerd's Reviews > I Heart You, You Haunt Me

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Do you believe in ghosts?
What if the person you love the most dies?
Of course you’d feel devastated, distraught and depressed.
But what if he comes back?
Would you be happy that he kept his promise to be with you forever, even as a ghost?

Ava’s boyfriend Jackson died because of a dare and she blames herself for it.
Driven by guilt she shuts everyone out of her life.
She thought she lost him forever.
But then Jackson came back.
When she looked at the mirror, the saw a glimpse of Jackson behind her and she knew, Jackson hadn’t left her at all.

Honestly, I thought this book was so cool.
The story was told in poems.
Instead of chapters you get short poems about everything that has happened between Ava and Jackson and the life Ava had after Jackson died.
One good thing about this book was that all the characters had this share on the spotlight.
It was not all about Ava and Jackson but you get a glimpse of their friends too.

I absolutely L.O.V.E Ava!
Why?
Because she was a good girlfriend and a good friend.
She grieved because she lost her boyfriend which was normal.
She was sad but still she doesn’t want her parents and her parents to worry much about her so she shows them a strong face.
She knew she had the chance to be with someone else but she had to give it up because she loves her friend and as a respect to Jackson too.
I liked her because she was not all whiny and stuff like that.
I like it because she was true to herself.

I also loved Jackson.
At first I thought he had become some sort of a poltergeist but I was so wrong.
Turns out he had some unfinished business too.
Not going to tell you what it is though, you have to find that out for yourselves.

Ava’s friends were cool.
They were supportive and so were her parents.
She had the right amount of support to get her going.
She also had the right amount of rejection from Jackson’s mom, since I think that she too blame Ava for Jackson’s death.

Anyways, I thought this book was cool, fresh and fun.
Written in short poems made it a more entertaining read.
It was very simple but heartfelt.
Despite the book’s shortness, the right amount of emotions was there to keep the readers begging for more.

I love it. Love it. Love it.

5!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Heart You, You Haunt Me.

Quotes AriatheNerd Liked

“I see
red, burning love
disappear
forever.”
tags: love

Lisa Schroeder
“Guilt reminds me of a stray cat. You chase it away and yet, it comes back when you least expect it. If you let yourself feel pity for it and feed the thing, it parks its ugly, puny, lonely-for-attention butt on your doormat and won't go away. Scat kitty cat, scat. I don't need you sitting around here like that.”
tags: life

“Joy, not sorrow.
Laughter, not tears.
Life, not death.
Love, not blame.”

Lisa Schroeder
“When you meet someone so different from yourself, in a good way, you don't even have to kiss to have fireworks go off. It's like fireworks in your heart all the time. I always wondered, do opposites really attract? Now I know for sure they do. I'd grown up going to the library as often as most people go to the grocery store. Jackson didn't need to read about exciting people or places. He went out and found them, or created excitement himself if there wasn't any to be found. The things I like are pretty simple. Burning CDs around themes, like Songs to Get You Groove On and Tunes to Fix a Broken Heart; watching movies; baking cookies; and swimming. It's like I was a salad with a light vinaigrette, and Jackson was a platter of seafood Cajun pasta. Alone, we were good. Together, we were fantastic.”

Lisa Schroeder
“Memories might keep him alive but they might kill me.”

Lisa Schroeder
“When you meet someone so different from yourself, in a good way, you don't even have to kiss to have fireworks go off. Its like fireworks in your heart all the time.”
tags: love

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sara I own this book but haven't read it yet, which clearly means I own too manybooks. I read The Day Before by this author and LOVED it. I like the books written in verse.

AriatheNerd same here! =)
I've read that one too and still looking to read her other books.
You should read this one.