VampireAngelSadist's Reviews > Amplified

Amplified by Tara Kelly

Mar 30, 12

bookshelves: kinda-strange-beginning, spring-break-books, loved-and-should-reread
Read from March 29 to 30, 2012

LOVED IT! The book was amazing and kind of a break from all the crap I've read till now. Now I have to go on about the parts I did not like in the book. It's a pain in the ass, but it has to be done. I couldn't understand Jasmine that much. She kept going back from a hard core kick-your-ass kind of chick to a scared little girl. It was kind of confusing, trying to find out which was her real rhythm. I HOPE there is a second book, because, frankly, it was too short. The book could've had more and I found it to have a cliff hanger ending. I don't know why they put Jason in the book, it could have gone well without him. I don't mean to say it was a bad decision to put him there, I just mean it wasn't necessary. The whole thing with Sean seemed rushed. She went from hating him to noticing how cute he was to kissing him. She didn't really say she liked him that much. It wasn't until she kissed him that I got the feeling she liked him (How could you not?) But it was a good read and I loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amplified.

Quotes VampireAngelSadist Liked

Tara Kelly
“First loves can fuck you up.”

Tara Kelly
“I really wanted something, giving myself permission to screw up wasn't an option”

Tara Kelly
“He'd probably spent as much time practicing scales as he had jacking off.”

03/29/2012 page 39
03/29/2012 page 146
48.0% "Okay even I could tell from the moment they started bickering that jasmine was going to fall in love with Sean (Clover :) But I wonder if shes going to ace the gig at Roach, or is Amy, Dave, or Teddy are gunna try something to ruin her act, either way, this book is pretty good."
03/30/2012 page 220
72.0% "Woah, that was exciting. I thought this book was going to turn out like any other YA book, where she has a miracle and somehow resolves her fear or problem without much effort. But I REALLY did not expect her to do crap at her first performance. I like this book because of that, it's more realistic. Well not much but more so than others in that area."
show 1 hidden update…