Martip's Reviews > Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Jan 19, 12

Read in December, 2001

Alright. I didn't know this until after reading about them today, but there are at least four more books in this series. GREAT! I liked the "get to know you" feel of this book. It's like back in highschool, early college when you start getting to know people and see worlds beyond your own small life. Odd, the main character's life is that of a short order cook in a small, California desert town named Pico Mundo. We live Odd's life with him for a short period of time. We meet his friends, the hugely corpulent Ozzie with 11 fingers and intense literary talents. Stormy, Odd's girlfriend and his neighbor who seems a little "off" but who gains our sympathy when we understand she fears death and loss, having lost three family members to one airplane accident. Odd's a nice guy. When dead people present themselves to him, he does what he can to help out, including bring the killer to justice. Odd also sees-bodachs-creatures that thrill over the psychic energy of death, destruction and horror. The town seems to be host to thousands of them, more than he's ever seen before. Something terrible must be going to happen. Something that has to do with a room that is blacker than black, cold, and noiseless, and in the home of the strange man new to town that Odd names Fungus man. Odd's friends will become your friends, his childhood pains will ping your heart, and you will truly enjoy the adventure Koontz has crafted.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Thomas.