Emily 's Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

F_50x66
Mar 08, 12

Read from January 19 to March 08, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

01/19/2012 page 12
3.0% "This book is the sequel to Matched by Allie Condie and so far it is pretty good. So far it seems like the main character Cassia is very attached to sentimental things. On page 11, she says "Now, when I see the painting or touch one of the newrose petals, I remember the way he felt so familiar and knew so much, and I ache for what I've had to let go.""
01/19/2012 page 12
01/24/2012 page 87
24.0% "I think that a message the author is trying to show is that Cassia is still in love with Ky, and she will do anything to find him. On page 85 she thinks, "People stare back with different colors of eyes-blue, brown, green, gray. But none of the colors are Ky's; none of the blues are quite right." This shows that she's still in love with him because she is destined to find him and remembers his eyes vividly."
01/26/2012 page 117
32.0% "I think that the poems and writing that is not part of the 100 poems mean a lot to both Ky and Cassia. In Crossed, they live in a distopia called the Society and they only have 100 poems, and they have pretty much ruined the rest that are out there. On page 107, Ky says "I realized that the poem didnt belong to the Rising. The poet didn't write it for them--he wrote it long before the society even existed.""
01/31/2012 page 127
35.0% "I think that the canyon is a very breathtaking place that means a lot to Ky. In the text he says "When it appears before us around the next bend in the canyon, I stop short in disbelief. It is just like my father described it." This is showing that his father went to this place and it means a lot because Ky doesnt have his father and him describing this place to Ky is a memory of his from when his father was with him"
02/02/2012 page 150
41.0% "I feel as if Cassia and Indie are going the wrong way in search of Ky. In the text, Cassia describes what she sees. She says "The blackened figures strewn across the ground are not sticks. They are real, these dozens of bodies on top of the Carving."
02/02/2012 page 150
41.0% "I feel as if Cassia and Indie are going the wrong way in search of Ky, and are in the wrong place. In the text, Cassia describes what she sees. She says "The blackened figures strewn across the ground are not sticks. They are real, these dozens of bodies on top of the Carving." Since Ky and his group go to the Carving in the beginning of the book and do not describe this setting."
02/07/2012 page 169
46.0% "The characters in the book give me the message that they miss their homes back in the Provinces, and it makes me feel like they never did anything to be Anomilies. In the book a character, Vick says "I'm from Camas. You should see it. The mountains are bigger than the ones over there." This shows me that he misses home because he is remembering what it looked like and what his life used to be like."
02/09/2012 page 191
52.0% "Earlier in the book, the one of the main characters, Ky, carved Cassia's (the girl he loves, also another main character) name into a tree. When she is looking for Ky, she comes upon the tree, and now knows for sure that Ky is near her. In the text, she says "Seeing the apples on the branches like that makes me want to bring some to Ky as proof that I followed him every step of the way.""
02/14/2012 page 202
55.0% "In my book the main character, Cassia, is looking for her lost love, Ky. She is looking for him in the Outer Provinces, which is outside of her dystopian world. She is looking in a large place called the carving. She has been looking for him for a long time and she finally finds him. In the text, you can tell that she has wanted to see him for a long time , she says "I want to stand on the highest point so I can see"
02/16/2012 page 244
66.0% "In my book, Cassia is kind of oblivious to what the world outside of the Society is really like. They met a farmer from the carving named Hunter, and Cassia's questions are question that are not good to ask to these people, or stupid because of the things that society planted in her brain. In the text, she says "So many people die here...people dont die like that in Society.""
02/28/2012 page 273
74.0% "In my book, I feel Ky is loosing his feelings for Cassia. He had very strong emotional feelings for Cassia, because she was different, but now it seems as if he is rethinking these feelings. In the text, he says "I know you came into the carving for me, Cassia. But the Rising is the one place I dont know if I can go for you.""
03/01/2012 page 280
76.0% "A theme in this book is second thought. It is a theme in this book because the main character, Ky, is always rethinking what he should do in terms of Cassia. In the text, he says "Maybe I shouldn't have even met Cassia on that hill. None of this would have ever happened to her. She could just live a normal life in the Society.""