Susan (susayq ~)'s Reviews > Private Arrangements

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012books, historical-romance, favorites, angstfest
Read from February 28 to March 01, 2012

4.5 stars!

Wow! This is the kind of book I like...an angsty romance. The first part of this alternated between present (1893) and ten years prior (1882-83) when the Gigi and Camden met. Gigi fell in love with Camden almost immediately and did something sneaky to get him to marry her. They were happy for about 3 weeks, until he found out about her lie, the day before the wedding. Instead of calling the wedding off, Camden went through with it and then left her. Here's the thing - he never got over not loving her and she never got over loving him. So, Camden decides to come home when he gets her petition for divorce and tries to punish her even more. But really, Camden wanted to be with her and was hoping she still wanted him. It took a little maneuvering on both their parts, but they got the happily ever after :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Arrangements.

02/29/2012 page 59
16.0% "HAHAHA Mrs Rowland is putting the kitten in the tree to try to lure the Duke into saving it on his daily walk....but the Duke is early today :D"
02/29/2012 page 100
27.0% "He really did love you but was being honorable Oh Gigi. I feel kind of bad for you."
02/29/2012 page 158
43.0% "This is the kind of book I love. All kinds of angsty goodness going on, but it's not toooo heartbreaking."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika Great, Susan is reading it ;p Tell me what you think about it okay? It has been waiting on my tbr for a while.

Susan (susayq ~) So far, so good. Right now, it's switching back and forth from present to past with each chapter. You get an interesting look at how they ended up together.