Elizabeth K.'s Reviews > A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Jan 19, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-new-reads
Read in January, 2012

It's so hard to review a book in the middle of a series, especially this series, which feels like it's all one, long (and awesome) book.

Anyway, I continue to enjoy this series, this book was packed with a lot of action. There was definitely action in the first two (well, there was everything in the first two, they're long enough they better well have some of everything), but there was also a lot of establishing the characters and the environment so that by this one, the third, you're really rolling along with the chain of events. The plot is getting more and more intricate, there were a couple of places where huge, significant points turned on a single line of dialogue so you have to be careful not to blink or you could easily miss something. For all I know, I did.

I've completely given up on trying to keep track of any locations and any characters other than let's say the 10 main characters. I've decided it's easier to figure it out from context each time than to try to keep it in my head.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Parker I really enjoyed the series, though I fear I may have liked them less if I hadn't read them all in succession.

Elizabeth K. That's pretty much where I am now, reading them all in the row ... I think it's going to be a rude awakening when I get through the most recent and then have to wait (years?) for the next one.