Ny's Reviews > Crimson Rising

Crimson Rising by Nick  James

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release
Read from April 16 to 19, 2012

Check out more reviews at http://msbookqueen.com

Received as an ARC via netgalley
I really love the Skyship Academy series as it has given me a fresh look on science fiction books at a whole. The concept is just so fresh and unique that you can't help but to enjoy it. This novel had a lot of action and and just entertaining scenes as a whole. Once again the story is told from the different perspectives of Jesse and Cassius. Even though they are brothers they are completely different characters, yet there's something about each of them that just draws you in. There are quite a few familiar characters in this novel and also a few new ones. The new characters that you're introduced to have more to them than meets the eye but it becomes revealed as the novel goes on. The story here is just as exciting if not more than the first book in the series. This novel answered a lot of questions for me but still left me wanting to know more. I can't wait for the next novel to see what happens next in Jesse and Cassius' lives. I definitely recommend that you read this book but you should read the first book in the series The Pearl Wars, before you read this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crimson Rising.