Kat's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by A.R. Wise

Feb 23, 2012

bookshelves: zombie, 2012-read
Read from February 22 to 23, 2012

David is your average kinda guy, salesman with a young family who finds himself thrust into the zombie apocalypse with no warning, and no easy escape. Watching events unfolding with horrifying speed at work, he begins his pilgrimage home to find his wife and daughters.

There’s no ‘down-time’ in Deadlocked. It’s fast paced action from the opening scenes right to the very end, making for a quick and enthralling read.

David is a good main character, there’s nothing unlikable about him, and his desire and determination to make it home to the ‘burbs and his family is nothing short of admirable. But what will stay with me the most is the incredible imagination of Wise in creating a realistic, scary storyline with some ideas that I’ve not read before in zombie-book-land. The writing is excellent – believable, well-structured and captivating.

The ending completely surprised me – it didn’t turn out at all how I expected which made it an even more memorable read.

If you do read this, you should also read the author’s comments at the end – there are some truly fascinating ideas about zombie writing and why so many of us enjoy these type of books. I’m really looking forward to Deadlocked 2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.

Wendy Lohr Great review Kat! I'll definitely check this out. :)