Violet Lewis's Reviews > First Day Jitters

F 50x66
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: emotional-health
Read in January, 2012

This is an excellent book about emotional health! It teaches children many concepts about understanding some feelings. It also teaches emotional concepts to young children to help them understand that everyone (including adults) has these feelings!

Learning experience: LD5j- Children will identify and connect information and events to real-life experiences.

I would use this book to teach children about different emotions they have experienced in life. I will get several pictures of children with faces showing different emotions and glue them to an empty kleenex cube (making an "emotions cube"). I will then have the children sit in a small group and take turns rolling the cube. When the cube lands on a picture of an emotion, I will give the children an opportunity to discuss a time when they felt that emotion. The children can then discuss what happened to make them feel better about that situation. This activity will help children identify certain emotions as they feel them and learn ways to regulate those emotions. By reading this book, the children will not only be able to identify their own emotions but it will also help the children develop empathy for others!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Day Jitters.