Mark O'Neill's Reviews > Moscow Rules

Moscow Rules by Daniel Silva

M 50x66
Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: cia, espionage, fiction, israel, mi5, moscow, mossad, russia, spy, terrorist, thriller, uk, usa, hardback

It's the latest mission for Israeli Mossad agent / Vatican art restorer Gabriel Allon and this time, he's taking on Russian arms dealer and former KGB agent Ivan Kharkov. He's committed the cardinal sin of selling arms and explosives to Al-Qaeda who will then use them against the US and Israel. The West has tried to take down Kharkov before but he has the protection of the Kremlin. But now with the stakes so high, it's time to take him down once and for all - and they're going to use Kharkov's wife to do it - and they're playing by Moscow Rules.[return][return]This was a fantastic addition to the Allon series. At points though, I felt it went way too slow - too much talking and not enough action. For people who are supposed to be government agents, I felt they were plodding around too much when in reality they would be kicking down doors and knocking heads together. Lastly, there were one or two things about the ending I took issue with. I don't want to say what because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read the book but I felt the ending didn't really do the book justice 100%. A few unacceptable loose ends which I'm surprised Silva left there. Or maybe he left them there for a future book? I don't know.[return][return]Nevertheless, highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moscow Rules.