Tim Warner's Reviews > Novels by Robert Crais: The Monkey's Raincoat, the Watchman, Chasing Darkness, the Last Detective, the Forgotten Man, L.a. Requiem

Novels by Robert Crais by Books LLC

Jan 19, 2012

liked it
Read from January 19 to 22, 2012

(I need to specify that the particular book I am rating and reviewing here is "Chasing Darkness." Goodreads doesn't seem to have a separate listing for it)

Oh boy, I hate to rate a terrific author less than a 4 star. I liked the book, but it was not as good as his others which I have read. I think he grabbed me with the plot, but somehow lost me in characterizations, in depth and just plain old captivation of my interest. These were lacking compared to the intensity and the power which I found in others of Crais'.

He is a very clever writer, able to draw me into the personalities of his characters and able to make me go on reading up until all hours once I get hooked by his plots. This succeeded, but just not to the degree I have come to expect from Robert Crais. I won't give up on him... He is too good to drop.

And he was recommended to me by a Goodreader. I am always open to suggestions of other authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Novels by Robert Crais.