Abeer Hoque's Reviews > An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: i-recommend
Read in November, 2011

I listened to "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore on audio book. It was short, to the point, and heart stopping. Interleaved with Mr. Gore's personal life - his son's near fatal accident, his sister's death due to cigarette smoking, his wish to leave the world a better place for his children and grandchildren - is the result of decades of research and careful thought about global warming and climate change.

Fact after devastating fact about our rain forest killing, landfill making, air/soil polluting, animal genocidal ways are laid bare. But even given all this, Mr. Gore has hope, and lists of ways to help, green habits to adopt, organisations to contact, ways to change our world. And it's a far easier read and better structured than his 2008 book "The Assault on Reason" (which was nonetheless a fascinating and compelling book).

Towards the end of AIT I found the listing of countless websites (and who spells out www anymore?) tedious and unhelpful. Better to have one catchall website with a list of links and refer to that when necessary. Still, I highly recommend AIT, in audio, book, or film form.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Truth.