Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Wicked Nights

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: literal-addiction-books, reviewed
Read from June 12 to 19, 2012

Our Review, by Michelle L. Olson, LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha:

I am a huge fan of Gena’s. Her books are always on auto-buy for me, and getting an ARC of Wicked Nights was a real treat.

Wicked Nights is the first installment of the ANGELS OF THE DARK series, a LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD spinoff.

Our hero, Zacharel, is a warrior angel and commander to a group of misfit angels that the Deity is punishing for their ‘devil may care’ attitude toward humanity. They’re sent on some pretty intense missions against demons and taught harsh lessons when they don’t show care towards the humans they're supposed to be protecting. Mr cool and collected suddenly finds himself confronted with a woman who just might turn his world on its ear and break some of the ice he keeps around his heart.

Annabelle is a tortured heroine. She’s spent a large chunk of her life in an asylum after a demon brutally murdered her parents in front of her, but because nobody believed her, she was accused of the crime herself. Taken advantage of at every turn and rejected by those tasked with taking care of her and her family she’s becomed hardened but is thrown into a world of feeling when she meets Zacharel and his flock.

The two together are magnetic. Zacharel is an angel who has never felt much of any emotion, let alone desire. When he meets strong willed Annabelle and is faced with her instense survival instinct, he can’t help but warm to her. Not to mention the passion that is undeniable between the two.

LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD fans will rejoice in a cameo by our favorite demon infected alpha males and a few of their feisty females, and have no fear… while this series doesn’t have the light moments that LOTU has (at least not yet), you will still get your sexy alpha males, strong females, steamy romance, and all of the intrigue we’ve come to expect and love from Gena. You’ll also encounter a multitude of other secondary characters that you will want to know more about instantly, which is brilliant for a serial author, because it just makes us want the next installment that much more.

The world is dark, engaging, open for intense growth, and steeped in deep philosophical undertones that I found utterly fascinating.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives “Wicked Nights” 4 ½ Skulls. I can’t wait to see which angel we’ll learn more about next. There’s a trio that I’m dying to delve into pronto. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Nights.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charity (new) - added it

Charity Costa LITERAL ADDICTION and Book Monster Reviews are incredibly honored to have the beautiful and talented Gena Showalter back with us today, and we are VERY excited to help her celebrate and promote her latest release —“Wicked Nights”, the first ANGELS OF THE DARK book.

In celebration of the 6/26 release of "Wicked Nights", Book #1 of Gena's new LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD series spinoff, ANGELS OF THE DARK, we're holding a 3 Wicked Nights giveaway.

Day #1- 6/24/12 is the chance to win your choice of Gena Showalter backlist paperback with a signed bookplate and swag.
Day #2- 6/25/12 brings the chance to win a Chelly Belle Designs ANGELS OF THE DARK necklace & Gena swag.
Day #3- 6/26/12 brings the chance to win a Chelly Belle Designs Wicked Nights bookthong and a signed copy of Wicked Nights.

Go read, enjoy, and enter the giveaway each Day!!!!

\http://www.literaladdiction.com/

message 2: by Charity (new) - added it

Charity Costa Also on Book Monster Reviews - http://bookmonsterreviews.blogspot.co...