Reading in Black & White's Reviews > Diary of a Stalker

Title: Diary of a Stalker
Author: Electa Rome Parks
Rating: 5
Headline: A New Kind of Stalker

We have all heard of women that stalk athletes, musicians, and actors, but authors??? Electa Rome Parks has written a very disturbing yet entertaining piece of fiction in Diary of Stalker in which the main character, Pilar stalks a well-known author, Xavier Preston. After reading his latest novel, Pilar decides that no matter what she is going to meet Xavier. Pilar is a sexy woman so, true to form, Xavier sleeps with her.

From this moment on, Pilar believes that they are soul mates despite the fact that Xavier is engaged. Pilar begins to show up at all of his literary events, constantly emails him, and even relocates to his city. And, just when Xavier believes that he has gotten through to Pilar to leave him alone, she seems to vanish into the thin air. But, we all know the story can not end there.

Parks has written a fresh spin and perspective on stalkers as we can find a way to justify Pilar’s behavior. This was a quick and very entertaining read (one of my personal favorites of 2012 so far). The sequel, The Stalker Chronicles, is much anticipated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diary of a Stalker.

1.0% "Starting today!"