Zeek's Reviews > Soul Hunger

Soul Hunger by Marisa Chenery

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: dnf, pnr, vamps, angels-gods-demons
Read in January, 2012

Despite being intrigued by the use of the Egyptian pantheon- and being free... dnf.

Once again we find someone leaning heavily on the Whedonverse vampire mythos and a plethora of other paranormal romances out there where a cadre of supernatural warriors hunt down the evil other vampires. I couldnt shake the feeling that I was reading plagiarized material- even though I wasn't.

The hero had promise with his uber possessiveness- not usually a bad thing for me- but he felt too Kenyon-Ash wannabe with his brooding 6' 8" frame and bmw motorcycle riding and the heroine? Another "something special about her" Bella that nobody has ever come across before. Combine that with amateurish dialogue- I was out before a quarter of the way through.

Good idea, but lacking in fresh blood- literally.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Hunger.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Jan 19, 2012 01:38PM) (new) - added it

♡Karlyn P♡ Nice review. Ah well, I had my eye on this one. Guess its a pass now. I've been reading some of the freebies too, and many aren't so bad, but there are a lot of duds too.

message 2: by Zeek (new) - rated it 1 star

Zeek hmmm- well- you may like it? It really wasnt badly written. I just had issues with it being to much like everything else. It may be nice for those that love pnr and stuck waiting for a new release that hasnt hit yet! :)