Roxanne's Reviews > Before I Go To Sleep

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: books-2012, ebooks
Read in January, 2012

I am one of those annoying people who always have to guess the twist in a book or movie and 99% of the time i'm totally wrong. However the fact that i guessed the twist at about 50 pages into the book sort of was a let down to me and i even thought of a much better twist (e.g an evil twin, come on every book loves an evil twin, which would make a lot more sense, i'll not give away the plot.)

The start of the book is really good and definitely pulls you into story. It centers around Christine who after an 'accident' has lost her memory and each day she starts a new having forgot the past 24 hours so she has no long or short term memory and the book is about her remembering bits and pieces of her life. She meets up with this doctor who wants to help her and she finds a journal she has been keeping. The next hundred or so pages is her journal. The earlier part of the journal you do become as equally frustrated as Christine is trying to figure out what is really going on and why so many lies are being told to her.

Reading on though i came to hate pretty much all the characters as all of them spun a web of lies and deceit also some plot holes tried to be quickly resolved but they didn't really add up.

Three stars because it's a good book in the sense that you have to finish it because you have to know but you'll probably already know the ending and then you also get stuck with this sappy ending like oh everyone is all back and yay happy families even though they're a bunch of adulterers and not very nice people. Plus no evil twin which was a let down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Go To Sleep.