Erin O'Riordan's Reviews > Unstuck in Time: A Journey Through Kurt Vonnegut's Life and Novels

Unstuck in Time by Gregory D. Sumner

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: amazon-vine-picks
Read from January 19 to 28, 2012

Hello, babies. I recommend this book to every one of you planetary citizens, assuming you're already familiar with some of the works of the late, great Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. If not, get thee to the library and read Slaughterhouse Five now! But don't stop there, because Vonnegut reuses characters and themes throughout his major works.

Maybe I'm biased in favor of Vonnegut because he's from my Midwestern USA home state, or because he uses people and places from his own life in his novels like I do. Still, in this volume, Gregory D. Sumner (another one of our fellow Hoosiers) manages to showcase the brilliance in every one of Vonnegut's 14 novels, written between 1952 and 1997.

Just the novels, though. This book does not get into Vonnegut's memoir Palm Sunday, his other non-fiction works, his collections of short stories or his plays. Still, if you want to get into a thorough discussion of the heart of what Vonnegut will be remembered for, then 'Unstuck in Time' is indispensable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unstuck in Time.