Angela's Reviews > Withering Tights

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

Jan 24, 12

Read from January 19 to 24, 2012, read count: 1

Wow this book is freaking hilarious. I really do quite enjoy British humor, and was laughing with every page. It does take a good few chapters to really get into it.

This story centers on Tallulah Casey, who is the cousin of Georgia Nicolson. (from Louise Rennison's other series) She ends up being accepted into theater camp, at Dother Hall, so she doesn't have to go to regular camp with her little bro and eat "butterfly sandwiches." No serious attachments, just something to do for the summer. She ends up staying with a quirky family from the local town because there wasn't any room left at the college. This family adds a lot of humor to this story. They’ve got 2 crazy little twin boys, who can’t talk well, a mother who is bonkers and a father who is way in touch with his feminine side.

She meets other girls and makes fast friends, soon to be known as the "tree sisters." They are a unique bunch of girls. Lullah ends up loving "college" and wants to stay. But her marks aren't good enough and she will have to work her butt off to stay permanently.

Lullah is always talking about how she's got to grow into her legs and that she has a lack of "corkers." Like I said before, this is very funny. Her and her friends end up having little adventures and meeting boys and snogging for the first time.

It is a quick read and a bit young, but still quite enjoyable. It had a bit of an abrupt ending. I though there were more pages to it, but then it ended. There will be another in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Withering Tights.

01/19/2012 page 11
7.0% ""I wish I wore a bra. And jiggled""
01/20/2012 page 57
37.0% "Seriously this girl doesn't even own a bra..."
show 2 hidden updates…