Angie's Reviews > The Freedom Factor

The Freedom Factor by Gerald N. Lund

Jul 24, 08

Read in July, 2008

This book was good and the message presented extremely important. My favorite part was when Gorham passionately explains the sacrifices made by the signers of the Declaration of Independence, information which I was not aware of. Summed up he teaches that: Five of the signers were captured by the British and tortured as traitors until they died. Twelve signers had their homes ransacked and burned. Two signers lots sons in the war. One wealthy planter and trader saw his ships swept from the seas by the British and had to sell everything to pay his debts and died poor. One had his home overtaken by General Cornwallis, the home was destroyed and he died bankrupt. One man was driven from his dying wife’s bedside and their thirteen children also had to flee for their lives. He had to live in caves and the forest for over a year and after surrendering he returned to find his wife dead and his children gone which resulted in his death from a broken heart.

I’m sure these were just a few examples as several more men signed the document which has sparked my interest of doing more research. However, I have to admit I became bored with this particular fictitious story and started skimming in the end to finish. I have read two other books by this author and was bored with those as well. Please do not tar and feather me for my own declaration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Freedom Factor.