Charlotte's Reviews > Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012-challenge, 2012-releases, netgalley, may-2012-release, young-adult, favorite-ya, february-2012, arc
Read from February 21 to 25, 2012

This is a beautifully written journey of a young woman working through the weight of her choices.

I HIGHLY recommend this!

Update: It's been several months since I read this and I've struggled with writing this review all along. Why is it so hard to write a review for a book you love so much?

I don't think I will ever do this book justice, I loved it so much. I found it real and emotional and so much of what I want to explain to my teen daughter about friendships, loyalty, family, patience, first loves, and so much more. But I know I can't TELL her all of this...she has to go through it, just like the main character did here.

This was definitely one of the most realistically written stories I've read in YA. I will definitely be recommending this for our teen book clubs and discussion groups.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through Net Galley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbreak My Heart.

02/22/2012 page 29
11.0% "It's all fine and dandy now but I can feel the angst lurking. :/"
02/24/2012 page 125
46.0% "I'm really enjoying this book so far. Walker has a very soft almost sweet style about her writing."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fred I have this in my tbr, gonna start today! Loved your status update, I've had that feeling at the beginning of so many books, haha!

Charlotte I hope you like it. I really did. It's a very healthy self discovery book for a teen girl. Great family dynamics and healthy friendships.