MontiLee Stormer's Reviews > Flash And Bones

Jan 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: audio
Read from January 18 to 27, 2012

I'm a big fan of Reichs' Tempe Brennan, more so than the television version, but this book had me struggling to stay engaged.

I always appreciate a little extra information, but we were on overload with this book, and perhaps the author's personal conversations are question/answer, but to me it sounded like an excuse to dump more information. Characters gave away a lot of backstory willingly and then were never seen again (we all know who I'm talking about), plus the information wasn't all that necessary. It sounded like padding and there's no way to make that interesting -- especially when the audience doesn't need it.

You did a lot of research - we appreciate your thoroughness, but we didn't need it. Really.

I liked the overall story, even if it seemed like a very long reach in places to connect the dots. Tempe floated from scene to scene, distraction to distraction, always playing the good "cop", always finding herself in possession of just the right information or tickle. Great formula, but with the added dump, it was a little tiring. I'll still look forward to the next story, and hopefully Reichs will give us more story and less lecture.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flash And Bones.