Zitmarie's Reviews > Timepiece

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Apr 30, 12

Read in April, 2012

I have to admit that when I first hear that Timepiece was going to be from Kaleb’s POV I was disappointed. I liked Kaleb in Hourglass but he wasn’t one of my favorite characters. So needless to say I was a little nervous when I started reading Timepiece. How wrong I was for been disappointed. This book was so amazing. We get to see the real Kaleb for the first time. We only got glimpses of the real him in hourglass but in Timepiece we have the whole Kaleb. Boy isn’t he broken and lost. I fell in love with him in this book. Timepiece starts short after Hourglass; I really recommend that you read Hourglass again before you start reading Timepiece. I found myself revising Hourglass so I can understand some of the things that happen in Timepiece. But back to Kaleb, in Timepiece we learn a lot about him and his ability and in the process we learn things about the other characters too. Through Kaleb we can see how everyone is feeling we see them in another light. It was good to see the emotions behind people choices. For those of you who are worry that there won’t be enough of Emerson and Michael, don’t worry there is plenty of that. I especially like the relationship between Emerson and Kaleb. Although not as much as the bickering between Lily and Kaleb. They were hilarious, Kaleb finally has someone who can put up with him and stop him in his tracks. Lily has major role on Timepiece and I find it myself enjoying the scenes with her in it. We also learn a lot more about time travel and the consequences of the choices that some characters made in Timepiece. I have to say that these parts were a little difficult to catch up but Myra does a wonderful job explaining this to the reader. There are huge plots twist and the ending leaves us wanting to know more. Romance, Suspense and action what more could you wish for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timepiece.