Karen's Reviews > Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life

Because He Loves Me by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick

Jan 18, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because He Loves Me.

Quotes Karen Liked

Elyse M. Fitzpatrick
“We forget the gospel when we neglect our adoption and think that we're still just a hired servant. The Father doesn't let us come to him on those terms. We will either come as sons or we will stay with the pigs. He won't let us earn anything from him because there will be no boasting in his sight. It will either be that Jesus and his glorious gospel has the preeminence or we will go it on our own.”
Elyse M. Fitzpatrick, Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life

Elyse M. Fitzpatrick
“And we neglect the glorious gospel when we fail to recognize his preeminence. How frequently we forget that everything is for him and about him. We forget that he is to be first, in our honor and in our worship. Whenever the gospel slips from our conscious thought, our religion becomes all about our performance, and then we think everything that happens or will ever happen isa bout us. When I forget the incarnation, sinless life, death, resurrection, and ascension, I quickly believe that I'm supposed to be the unrivaled supreme, and matchless one. It's at this point that I'm particularly in need of an intravenous dose of gospel truth. He is preeminent.”
Elyse M. Fitzpatrick, Because He Loves Me: How Christ Transforms Our Daily Life