Nellie Brand's Reviews > The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story

The Woman I Was Born to Be by Susan Boyle

F 50x66
Jan 18, 12

1/18/12

Susan Boyle's book is like Susan is in your room talking with you. It is personal, funny,and honest. Taken first into her childhood world... the world of a large Catholic family in a small poor Scottish village but you end up on a huge stage with an 80 piece orchestra! In front of 10,000 people in Tokyo, Japan.In the book Susan is at times both open and funny, honest and determined, humble and reflective, about the crazy series of events that brought her and her beautiful voice to worldwide fame.From her difficult, late-in-life birth to a courageous and faith-filled mother, through her traumatic school years of being bullied and misunderstood, on to her own amazing, but slow, discovery that she possessed a truly remarkable voice! Then on through the spring of 2009 when the world discovered it too. Faith, determination, courage, humor: these are the words I would use to describe Susan Boyle both in following her dream to be a "professional singer" and in writing this awesome book. I considered it enjoyable and at times sad. I would highly recommend it to any fan of Susan Boyle. Reading Susan's story, we can finally understand how her world was turned so upside down. She suddenly grasped worldwide fame. Anyone can't help but suffer with her as the press turns on her at the most challenging time in her life. In the end all is well and Susan Boyle gains more respect than would have been thought. Read the book!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman I Was Born to Be.