Betsy's Reviews > Good Enough Is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood

Good Enough Is the New Perfect by Becky Beaupre Gillespie

419395
Jan 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in January, 2012

Enh--not my favorite, but interesting reading. I found myself agreeing frequently, but came away a little dissatisfied. It's all well and good to say that we need to reevaluate our expectations of ourselves, make sure we're not living up to outside expectation that don't mesh with our own family, etc. etc. But, sometimes, it's NOT about doing what feels right to ME--it's about sacrificing my own career aspirations for someone else's or buckling down and doing the hard work for a season even if I don't *want* to. Sometimes the Lord calls us to lay aside those things for the sake of the kingdom. Doesn't mean it's easy and that the pull of career isn't there, but it's still the right thing to do. I'd like to see this book's idea written from an overtly Christian perspective (maybe that kind of book already exists).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Enough Is the New Perfect.