Eileen's Reviews > The Ghost and the Goth

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

7208929
Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: borrowed, romance, paranormal, young-adult
Read in January, 2012

In this book, Will has to take down this cloud that followed him around, that was supposedly a ghost, and Alona wanted to go to heaven, and in order to do so, she has to help Will with satisfying the ghosts, who all want to complete some last requests, which they want Will to help out with. He doesn't want to, but in the end, he helps out and everyone's happy.

I really loved this cover. I was attracted to this book while browsing the shelves of the library, and this one caught my eye. I ignored him for a while, and then I saw a review of it, and it was pretty good, so I went back to try it, but then it wasn't on the "Newcomers" shelf, so I put it away for a while. But then I found it! So I read it, and I wasn't too disappointed.

Don't get me wrong. The writing was pretty good, with a few confusing parts. I always thought ghosts to be something else, but this was still a really good outtake on the entire thing. It sort of confused me at a few parts, and I wish there was a little more detail concerning some passages. But everything else was really good.

Now the whole reason that I didn't like this book was that the romance was pretty cheesy and a little flimsy where I was concerned. The popular person falls in love with a complete dork, and the dork falls in love with the popular guy. And I didn't exactly get the flutteries whenever the author attempted to make it emotional.

The ending was kind of stupid, where the cloud apparently disappeared, and Will helps out all these people, but that's contemporary for you, right? I have to get used to it again. But it was pretty satisfying overall, except for a few parts that really annoyed me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Goth.