Jenny - Book Sojourner's Reviews > Catching Jordan

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read on January 18, 2012

It was an okay read.

I liked the storyline of the book, the uniqueness of Jordan's character (liked her honesty but she lacked a bit of maturity), the football references (even though I'm not a football fan), Jordan's relationships with the guys on her team (I loved that her best friends were guys who loved her and looked out for her), her best friend Sam Henry (even though he was a wussy tramp at times), development of friendships with girls, her supportive brother, and resolution in relationship with her dad.

I didn't like the immaturity of Jordan's character (why does she fall apart with the look of one cute guy? is it really necessary to punch the guys so much?), obsession with casual sex (particularly the football guys and cheerleaders - too much stereotyping), fast relationship with Ty who had a compelling story himself but she barely knew him (and gave herself up to him quickly - why?), the love triangle seemed forced, Sam coping with his heartbreak through lots of sex (really? he had no other outlet?), and despite the sex talk the book really lacked romance of any kind.

Addendum: The more I think about it, the less I liked it. Bottomline, I really didn't connect with the characters and the more I think about it, I didn't care much for them or the story development.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 10: by Giu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Giu Fernandes I had the same opinion! You just said everything that I thought about the book. Great review!

Jenny - Book Sojourner Thanks Giu. I was wondering if I was the only one who felt this way, lol.

Jessica Monotan i totally agree with you, i just finished the book a few hours ago and i wasn't 100% impressed :/ it's like the storyline and book had great potenial too be fantastic but, to me, it seemed.....blehh :/ and the more i thought about it, i to lower it to a 3 star. I didn't really like Sam or Ty, JJ seemed very nice tho :p

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee felt the same way too, I need to write my review for it

Reem Hardan woow you summed my exact feelings!! I just finished it and was shocked that most of the reviews are loving of the book!! great to know I'm not the only one who doesn't love it.

Chrissie (is stuck in the 19th century) You are not the only one. Thank you!

20012206 I think you are right, Jordan is afraid about her first kiss but not to having sex with Ty....

Jenny - Book Sojourner 20012206 wrote: "I think you are right, Jordan is afraid about her first kiss but not to having sex with Ty...."

Yeah, I just couldn't buy into them together. I didn't get how things went the way they did.

Adriana I totally agree with you, I mean Jordan just met the guy but in spite of all that, they have sex. I really didn`t understand that.

Vanessa Santos-cajucom I totally agree...