J.Elle's Reviews > The Education of Hailey Kendrick

208599
Jan 18, 2012

it was ok
Read in June, 2011

I picked this up as a fast summer read. We actually moved in the month of June, so it was more about books I could get through quickly in between the packing and unpacking that surrounded our lives. I was simply going for something I could use as a way to relax and not something mind-bending or thought provoking.

Hailey Kendrick has always been the perfect daughter, especially since her mother died. When her father breaks summer plans to spend time with her through email, she goes a little crazy and defaces a statue at her boarding school with the help of a boy. They are seen by a night janitor, but he only recognizes Hailey. The principal punishes Hailey and demands that she tell him who she was with. Hailey refuses, so he puts the whole school on a lock-down of sorts to try and force her hand. She still refuses, so she goes from being well-liked and popular to being the school pariah. She ends up befriending the young and attractive janitor that she is made to do work with as part of her punishment and she discovers that you don’t always have to make everyone happy at your own expense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Education of Hailey Kendrick.