Boingboing's Reviews > 250 Things You Should Know About Writing

250 Things You Should Know About Writing by Chuck Wendig

Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: keeper, writing
Read in January, 2012

This book is a keeper even though there's nothing in it that's new for me. But I didn't expect there to be, nor did he, I think. However, what he says - new or not - bears repeating and being heard again and again.

The fact that he's so irreverently, hysterically funny is just the icing on the cake. His humor fits perfectly with what I like to hear many times. It's not a one-size-fits-all kind of humor though. Check out his website, for sure.

I will continue to throw money at this man and buy as many of his books as I can even though they may not be in a genre I read. He deserves to be supported and I'll do my part to make sure he stays in cheerios!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 250 Things You Should Know About Writing.

Sara I'm finding the value in the fact that the information is all gathered in these very manageable lists and is compressed nicely. Most of it's not new (though even a third of the way through so far, I have found a few nuggets of gold), but it's nice to have a great deal of it expressed in one place. And I agree totally with the value of the humor. It just adds a layer of "ohmygosh, must keep reading!"