Andrea (Cozy Up With A Good Read)'s Reviews > Born Wicked

Jan 31, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from January 19 to 23, 2012

Originally posted on Cozy Up With A Good Read

This book was absolutely amazing! Right from the beginning I was definitely in love, it's been awhile since I've read a book about witches and this one is the best one. This book was definitely an introduction into the world of Cate and her sisters, Jessica really has you understand what they are going through trying to keep their secret.

I really loved the feel of the sisters interaction throughout the story. Jessica does a great job of bringing to the forefront of what happens to families when the mother dies when the children are at a young age. It is a real feeling of the oldest daughter taking over the motherly role. The interaction between the sisters is definitely real, and helps you connect with everyone. Jessica introduces the characters and really dedicates this book to getting to know everyone and understanding how they work, this is definitely not an action story.

There was a little mystery added to the story as well. It was fun meeting all the characters and feeling like you don't know who to trust throughout. Everyone seems to have their reasons for befriending the sisters, yet you don't know why. Everyone seems to have their own secrets and you just can't tell who is really there to help Cate and her sisters throughout, it definitely makes for an interesting read! I am really interested to see where Jessica takes this in the next book.

The ending of this book also really took me by surprise, I was not expecting what came at all. Jessica sets up the next books in a great way, and I am excited to see what happens next. There were a few parts about the ending that I did not like and I wish that there were a few other things that happened, but I can't go into it without giving away spoilers. This is definitely a book to check out, with the supernatural in the olden times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born Wicked.

01/20/2012 page 97