Holly's Reviews > The Alzheimer's Prevention Program: Keep Your Brain Healthy for the Rest of Your Life

The Alzheimer's Prevention Program by Gary Small

Jan 29, 12

Read from January 18 to 29, 2012

This isn't something I could read cover to cover. The beginning had a lot of good information about how the brain works and what Alzheimer's and dementia does to the brain. Most of it though, was the actual program which was aimed toward baby boomers, but anyone at any age can use it. There are tips on what to eat, get plenty of exercise and lots of memory games and puzzles to keep your brain in tip-top shape. I'm not quite ready to do the program, but would like to buy the book for my mother who needs this right now, and buy a copy for myself and my sister to use in the near future.

Definitely something you should read if you're really concerned about memory loss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alzheimer's Prevention Program.

message 1: by Kartika (new)

Kartika Love to know what you think of this...one of the scariest things to me is losing my mind as I get older...does that make sense? Oh, and my teeth, lol... Still, if we can do something to avert or delay the onset of Alzheimers, boy, I'd be up for that!

Holly I know, Tika. My sister and I are doomed, though. All of our grandmothers and great grandmothers on both sides had either dementia or Alzheimer's and several aunts already have it, too. So anything to at least delay the inevitable!