Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl's Reviews > Veil of Midnight

Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Jan 18, 2012

bookshelves: top-reads, paranormal-romance
Read from January 19 to 20, 2012

The last book in this series saw a definite improvement in quality, intensity and intrigue. This book, installment number five, surpassed the last in spades.

It even had me reading well passed midnight and unable to book the book down or stop thinking about it.

We follow Niko this time, the very competent warrior with all the guns and explosives and hollow point titanium rounds. A real maverick, he meets a challenge and good match in Renata, a bodyguard with her own exceptional skills. Both are well suited, the romance quite believable and the tension throughout the book excellent.

This book was definitely a keeper and has set up the story for the next installment in the series. Now I can not wait to find out what will happen to poor, heart broken Andreas Reichen. I am definitely finally on board with Midnight Breed.

This one gets the highest score so far and actually makes it to my Top Reads Bookshelf, a well deserved 8/10: "Excellent read, well written, fell right into the fictional world created" on the NBRS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veil of Midnight.