Jenny - Book Sojourner's Reviews > Blue Sky Days

Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: kindle-copy, read-in-2012
Read on January 27, 2012

This was a good contemporary read. Emma was transitioning out of living her life to please her mother and discovering what it was like to live her own life, and deciding where she wanted her life to take her. Self-discovery is a topic I can relate to, as I'm sure many others can as well, which makes this book appealing. Of course, everything seemed really great in the beginning of the story, so you knew something tragic was coming, but I was glad for that. The story seemed a bit saccharine sweet to me at times, so the difficulties and heartache were a welcome conflict. Nicholas was a terrific & genuine character, seemingly perfect at times, but I liked him all the same. He was actually quite refreshing considering all the 'bad boy' male characters out there. I believe in love at first sight, so I couldn't argue with Emma and Nicholas' feelings toward one another. Emma's commitment was honorable. I also found myself teary-eyed at times as the difficult circumstances they had to deal with arose. This is a great read, especially if you're looking for some heavier topics but also laden with heart and romance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Sky Days.