Johanna's Reviews > His Holy Bones

Feb 07, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, m-m, ebook
Read from February 03 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy

THANK YOU, Ginn Hale!!!

For the last two weeks I've only taken breaks from The Rifter to go to work (a lot) and to sleep (very, very little). And oh man, I don't even know from where to begin with all the praising I have in me... Ginn Hale's writing is utterly beautiful, the love story between these two wonderful, mythical men has gotten me on my knees and the way we get to travel trough time and between worlds make my head spin.

This series has left me speechless and now, when I've read all ten books I think I just want to stay in Basawar forests, hillsides and towns for a while strolling and pondering what exactly happened. The truth is that the world of Basawar has sucked me in totally and completely. It is amazing how real Ginn Hale makes it all feel: Basawar's various people with their beliefs and habits, the incredible landscape and spectacular buildings, the bizarre creatures, the compelling action and the sweet, serene moments, when the time seems to stand still.

I was blown away with the Basawar language and names, the prayers in Rathal'pesha and the singsong rhymes between Ravishan and Rousma! So very beautiful! Honestly, I started to have dreams with Basawar words in them after few days. I absolutely loved the way Ginn Hale played with words and created something utterly new and wonderful.

As you can see, I could go on forever with my raving, so it's probably better that I won't even start babbling about John and Kyle. What a journey to get to know them - through different worlds and different times and not in chronological order! John really was something else, but the one I fell desperately in love with was Kyle.

So... if you haven't read these books yet, you really should do it as soon as possible. Believe me. I give 50 stars (10 x 5 stars) for the entire series!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Holy Bones.