Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Rocky Mountain Heat

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read from January 21 to 22, 2012

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

Rocky Mountain Heat by Vivian Arend was such a treat! It was a hot, erotic novel with great characters and a captivating storyline. And to be honest, six sexy cowboys were a nice change of pace from vampires, werewolves, and all things paranormal.

While this novel showcased all of the Six Pack brothers, this story focused primarily on Jaxi and Blake’s relationship. Jaxi and Blake grew up next door to one another. They have loved one another for years, but neither of them has ever made a move. Jaxi’s fear of rejection has held her back from acting on her feelings, and Blake has always kept his distance because of their ten year age gap. But once Blake’s brothers start trying to put the moves on Jaxi, Blake has to decide, for once and for all, if he is ready to make his move.

My favorite scenes in Rocky Mountain Heat involved Jaxi and Blake. However, this novel also included a few intriguing secondary stories. The main supporting story involved Matt and his long-term girlfriend Helen. I could not stand Helen, but I have to admit that one of the hottest scenes in this novel involved Matt, Helen, and someone else. Yep, that’s right… M-F-M ménage. I enjoyed reading about all of the brothers, but Ms. Arend has me the most curious about Travis’ secret and the crazy, sexy twins. I am anxious to see how the supporting stories unfold through the Six Pack Ranch series.

I gave Rock Mountain Heat by Vivian Arend 4 STARS. If the rest of the companion series is anything like this novel then it’s going to be a FABULOUS series!! I strongly recommend this novel to adults who want something sweet and sexy.

-XOXO
READING, EATING & DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rocky Mountain Heat.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fred (new)

Fred I love the wide variety of stuff you read, your reviews are always fun!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Thanks Fred! It's kind of weird huh?! One week up I review a Christian romance and the next week I am on to erotica! LOL. I'm not a very prejudiced reader.;) I only have two big things that I look for: 1) Fiction 2) Romance. I pretty much like it all!

message 3: by Fred (new)

Fred Haha, this world (and especially Goodreads) would be a better place if everyone had that attitude! A good book is a good book, and wherever you find one, it's worth talking about! So, I'm glad you do, although I'm thinking maybe the Six Pack Bros aren't going to be my particular cup of tea. Thanks again, have a great rest of the week!

Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream Fred, I understand if the Six Pack Boys aren't for you! LOL. PS: I just added First Date to my list! :)

message 5: by Fred (new)

Fred That's a sweet book, I hope you like it. It reads a little young, but in a nice way. Meanwhile I'll just wait for the Six Pack Girls, let me know when that one comes out ;-)

message 7: by Searock (new) - added it

Searock Reading, Eating & Dreaming wrote: "Thanks Fred! It's kind of weird huh?! One week up I review a Christian romance and the next week I am on to erotica! LOL. I'm not a very prejudiced reader.;) I only have two big things that I look ..."

I love that about you RED!! I'm chock full of Christian and erotica books too! Its diverse in my world!! Just like the real world, I guess.

Keep em' coming babe :) Love your reviews!