Roy Klein's Reviews > Of the Dance/De la Danza (English and Spanish Edition) (A Dual Language Book): Bilingual Stories/Cuentos Bilingües

Of the Dance/De la Danza (English and Spanish Edition) (A Dua... by Linda A. Lavid

Feb 20, 12

Read from January 18 to February 19, 2012

It was hard to stick to this book due to the lack of literary worth and problematic dual language layout (at least on the kindle).

Concerning the stories in the book, I feel like I've read my first pulp fiction romance. All stories revolve around relationships between men and women, with gratuitous sexual descriptions included. If they would've been written with a beginner reader in mind, I could overlook the content. But the stories suffer from unnecessarily complex descriptions that can be hard to decipher even in English.

Concerning the dual language-ness, each story changes the way it splits between English and Spanish (starts with sentence in English-sentence in Spanish, ends in long paragraph in English-long paragraph in Spanish). By the time I figured a system to read the Spanish part first and the English part second in one layout, the story ended and I had to deal with a different layout. Flipping pages on the kindle is not the fastest operation, which increased the frustration.

Overall, this is my first dual language book. It beats every Spanish reader I got off the kindle market, but I am certain that there are better finds out there, both in terms of literary worth and dual language layout.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of the Dance/De la Danza (English and Spanish Edition) (A Dual Language Book).