Amy Jacobs's Reviews > Shot Through the Heart

Shot Through the Heart by Niki Burnham

Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in January, 2012

Every once in awhile, I love a quick and uplifting read to get me through reading slumps. When the author sent me this book for review, I knew it would help out in the laughter department and give me that feel good feeling I enjoy with contemporary books. What made it even better was that it was young adult and the cover put a smile on my face before I even started reading it.

The book is told from several points of view. That in itself was fun because we got to read what each character was thinking and feeling. With winning the prize of $2000 being one of the main plots of the story, you shouldn't expect anything else except fun, sweet romance and lots of snickering at the characters personalities.

While the book was fun and kept me reading straight through until the end, I couldn't help but wonder at how much a reader will expect from the book. Fun and laughter? Yes. A compelling plot point that has mystery? No. What I can say is that it will lift your mood while reading about the characters and you too might find yourself smiling by the last page!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shot Through the Heart.