Delphina's Reviews > The Annihilation of Foreverland

The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski

Mar 11, 12

Read from March 05 to 11, 2012

WOW! What an interesting story! It was so different from everything I have read lately (and I read a ton). At first I was wondering if this would be a "boy" book. I know, there is no such thing as a "girl" book and a "boy" book, but I was still thinking it at the time. Basically, I was wondering if I could connect to a book with almost exclusively male characters. I was pleased to find myself connecting to quite a few of the characters, even those who were "bad".

I am actually having a difficult time reviewing this book because there is so much to this story and I am fearful that I am going to accidentally get spoilery. I have so many things I want to say about the story. I think I need to find a Annihilation Foreverland reading group so I can talk about what I just read. I love it when books make you "need" to discuss them.

This is a YA read that a younger teen 13ish could read, but it has some pretty thought provoking stuff in it, so older teens might get more out of it. I love that this book is not watered down for YA readers, while at the same time not having gratuitous sex/violence in it (a trend I have been seeing a lot lately:(). I will definitely recommend this to some of the young readers in my life. It has enough "meat" in it, that I see adult readers enjoying it as well.

I am really hoping to read more by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Annihilation of Foreverland.