Marzena's Reviews > Skazani na siebie

Skazani na siebie by Sandra Brown

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, romance
Read from January 18 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I won this one through GR giveaways.

Let me start with few editioning issues. There are misspellings in the book. There aren't many of them, but they glare. Another thing, not an error, but it's quite important. The story is dated, so when I read the hero was a Vietnam veteran, I was a bit suprised by the (obvious) age difference between him and heroine. Until I found it was first published in 1987- it makes a huge difference in perceiving.

Now, onto the story itself. I couldn't help the feeling it was the kind of the story I could make up in bed before falling asleep. Two people stranded after plane crash, trying to survive in backwoods. The rich, stunning and injured heroine who's definiately not used to the situation she found herself in. The reticent and harsh alpha male sexually attracted to the heroine.

What I found missing was a bit of a background. The reader won't find out who's the woman Landry once mentioned until the very last pages. The natural heroine's interest when he mentioned war.
It's actually fascinating how the plot actually turns more around their mutual lust than events. How easily the heroine plans her future with the hero after they finally had sex. Also, there is a mention how the couple "finally organized their lives in the cottage" and then we find out they spent there only 2 weeks. Also, what is it with continuous mentioning heroine's breasts and nipples?

I did appreciate a sense of humour that both characters show in different situations and it was a nice and fast read, but it's not a book that will last in my memory.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skazani na siebie.

01/18/2012 page 92