JenniferJ's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Jan 19, 12

bookshelves: z2012
Read from January 18 to 19, 2012

I was soooo excited when I got this ARC in the mail yesterday that I just could not wait to curl up on my sofa and read it from start to finish. I was not dissapointed in the least! It was a thought provoking book for me that made me rethink how I felt about a few of the characters and why they were one way or another.

First off lets get Persephone off my chest. I'm just sorry but I don't like her much more than I do Calliope. Some try to portray her as the poor little wounded victum who was forced into a marriage she did not want and had to lead a life of misery because of it. Well I say boo hoo hoo. Poor little Persephone. This is however one of those things I had to rethink because I was comparing it to situations of todays times when if you make a mistake in marriage you can easily file divorce and be done with it. I am sure things had to be different back then but what makes me so put out with her is I still dont see her living with Hades/Henry for thousands of years in such a miserable state and ripping his heart out in the process sleeping with his nephew, James right under his nose! In Goddess Interrupted Kate needs Persephone's help and Persephone has a attitude about it all that makes me wanna smack her down so bad. I'm like where does she get off acting like that especially after she got what she wanted...to leave Henry and be with the mortal of her dreams.

The next thing is I must admit I did get a little peeved at Henry and Kate both because if they would have just sat down and talked more alot of things that happened or didn't happen sooner could have been avoided. They both should have been more patient with the other's feelings. Kate needed reassurance that Henry wanted her and he needed reassurance that Kate only wanted him but both were just too stubborn to see it. Then Kate is so afraid she is not living up to everybodys expectations and being so appalled at some of the relationships of the Gods, and not understanding why Henry is so afraid to show his feelings but she is not seeing the big picture here that these folks have lived a zillion times longer than her and had so many more experiences and time to adjust to God and Goddesshood. Kate just acts like just because she has become immortal that everything shall just happen at once and for lands sake even in mortal life things dont usually turn out that way.

I totally hate that I dont have book three right now because I am soooooo anxious to see what happens next! We are left with a major cliffhanger!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

01/18/2012 page 50
16.0% "OMG it's sooo good!"