Gayle's Reviews > Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

Nov 13, 09

Read in November, 2009

What can I say...another classic that I'm happy I read. I admit to having NO idea what to expect, other than an underwater science fiction adventure. The details used in this book made it easy to picture the views, images and scenes experienced. The stories, history, geography, and lessons were interesting and capturing enough to make this book go very quickly. It's incredible to think this book was written in 1870 and pretty much 'predicted' some scientific inventions that followed in the 1900s!!!

side note: the copy I own appears to be printed in 1981 and is stamped as property of Easton Public Library, including the card in the very back with the 'date due' cards still in it. Pretty old, used copy that I actually got from school when NASH was cleaning out our English department when I was a senior!

another side note: the book is categorized as RL 8, age 13 & up (which I would agree with)

(I've been wanting to read this for quite a while and it's been on my bedroom shelf for about a year now. Can't wait...I LOVE the classics!)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.