Book Whales 's Reviews > Shattered Souls

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

Jan 17, 2012

Read in January, 2012

Originally posted @ Book Whales

She wanted to shut off the voices
But they needed her to hear them…

I started reading this book last night and boy was I hooked, to the point that I also finished this that same night.

Mary Lindsey’s debut novel tells us about Lenzi, who’s been hearing voices, and just like her father, she thinks that she’s going crazy. She wanted to lead a normal life with her mother and awesome boyfriend Zak, but the voices seemed more desperate as time goes by, and soon she’s starting to believe that she is crazy.

On the night of her seventeenth birthday, Lenzi visited her father’s grave, and there she meets gorgeous Alden, whom she feels like she’s known all her life. He revealed that she’s a Speaker, a person who helps lost souls, and she’s been reincarnated for centuries. But this cycle was different, because she couldn’t remember any of her past lives, nor can she remember her relationship with Alden. Now it’s up to Alden to help Lenzi do her duties as a Speaker and at the same time protect her from malevolent spirits who wants her body for evil.

Shattered Souls was a fast, fun and light read that I easily devoured. The plot is unique and there were no dull moments at all. I love Lenzi’s strong character, and Alden! Oh Alden, where have you been all my life? He’s gorgeous, caring, protective, and he always put Lenzi’s welfare before his own. Race and Maddi, are also interesting characters that I learned to love. I’ll have my fingers crossed, hoping that there will be a sequel to this book.

Rating:

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Souls.