Shay Williams's Reviews > A Midsummer Night's Sin

A Midsummer Night's Sin by Kasey Michaels

Jan 19, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, historical-romance
Read from January 17 to 18, 2012

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SIN is the second book in the A Blackhorn Brothers series and is about the second brother. Puck is actually the youngest which makes sense in a lot of ways considering his outlook on life. No matter the situation he sees the best in life and enjoys it. That's an attitude that a lot of us should strive for.

One thing that I really like about Ms. Michael's romances is her heroines. None of them seem to the 'norm' for young ladies of that time period and Regina is no exception. She is over-educated for the time, brave, stubborn and willing to disregard society's strictures if needed. In other words, someone that I could really relate too. Her and Puck are just perfect together.

This is the second book of Ms. Michael's that I have had the pleasure to read and I have to say that I am sold on the author. A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SIN has wonderfully developed characters, snappy dialogue, taut pacing and an interesting story line. What more could a person want?

I recommend this book to any lovers of historical romance and rate it a 4.

* I did receive this book from NetGallery in exchange for the review. No money exchanged hands and all opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer Night's Sin.