Teri's Reviews > Royal Street

Royal Street by Suzanne  Johnson

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release, arc, for-review, netgalley
Read in January, 2012

Royal Street takes the reader into a torn apart New Orleans rich with magic, spirits and deceit.

We meet our main heroine Drusilla, or mainly referred to as DJ in the story, as she is swapping snark with a long past Pirate from the Beyond. While we have our normal world filled with wizards and humans, there is also the world of the beyond ripe with spirits, zombies, old gods, voodoo queens and everything else imaginable.

DJ is training as a wizard when Hurricane Katrina sticks and those her whole life on hold. With her Uncle missing and the Elder Wizard Congress sending her into the flood waters with a hot and hunky Enforcer named Alex, DJ soon finds herself in a whole heap of trouble and in the middle of a thick and dark plot to change the very foundation of our world.

Suzanne Johnson has created an amazing new twist to New Orleans and how storms effect everyone in the mundane and supernatural community.
With an exquisite cast of characters and a quick and driven plot Suzanne Johnson has made a fantastic debut that will catch readers and leave them stunned until the last page. With such great writing and characters I cannot wait but see what else comes from Suzanne with future releases. After Royal Street I cannot help but want more from this author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Street.