GymGuy's Reviews > Almost Like Being in Love

Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger

Jan 19, 12

Read in January, 2012

Humor should be entertaining. But in this case it was just STUPID! It's like a jar of capers. You know, you take a few and sprinkle them in with a nice lemon-butter sauce and it goes great with a chicken breast. But you don't take a whole jar of them!

Half the time I had to scratch my head and ask, "WTF is going on in this book?" Is there a story here, or is this just ramblings.

After page after page of just absurd wandering crap, this book just became ridiculous. I'm all for humor. But this was way over the top. The only positive I can find with this book is that it is original. But, then, so is Lady Gaga.

I know I disagree with lots of other reviewers, but I always do. I read several reviews from others and I still don't understand what they found so entertaining. Way too many people give 4 and 5 stars to just about everything.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Like Being in Love.

Aves Raggiana I'm one of those waaay too many people who give four and five star ratings. Usually, when I don't like something I don't bother to review it or even rate it, therefore skewing my ratings to far too many five stars.

I did like Almost Like Being In Love, so much so that I read it twice. I don't know very much about baseball or US History so I enjoyed all those references too.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Gaga is original?

GymGuy Is there another one?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 18, 2012 09:52PM) (new)

I think I offended a Lady Gaga fan, sorry about that:) I meant it in the sense that I don't find her music and look very original, but that's because I have listened to music from different decades and have sensed the similarities. But no disrespect to her or her fans.

I also commented because I felt that you were being a tad mean when you said "way too many people give 4 and 5 stars just about everything" when maybe they felt very strongly for this novel and gave the 4 and 5 stars because they felt that this novel deserved it.