Lucy's Reviews > The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: chapter-books-i-read, march
Read from January 28 to March 29, 2012

A nine-year-old boy named Bruno lives a perfect life in Berlin, he has friends to play with and places where he can explore. All that disappears when Bruno and his family have to move to Out-With so Father can do his work. Bruno hates it there at Out-With, no people to play with, no one to talk to, and no places for him to explore. One day, Bruno was looking out his window and he saw a fence, he wanted to know what was on the other side. So then he decided to go find out, so he set out and started walking along the fence, after a really long walk, he sees this little boy, they start talking. Then Shmuel and Bruno become really good friends and you'll see the story of these two boys.
I picked this book up because I saw Rachel reading it, Rachel knows what kind of books are good so I thought of reading it. And I thought the title was interesting so I wanted to see what it was about.
I finished this book because I wanted to see what Bruno would do so he could play with his friend. And I heard Bruno dies at the end so I wanted to know how.
I would recommend this book to my friend Niral, because I think she would enjoy this book. She might find it sad and also a bit sweet too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

01/28/2012 page 15
02/06/2012 page 70
32.0% "Bruno hates it here at his new home. Nothing's the same and Bruno sees weird people over a fence all wearing the same thing. Striped pajamas.."
03/18/2012 page 139
64.0% "Bruno loves exploring and when he realizes he can't at his new house, he decides to explore the fence outside. When he does, he meets a new friend ' Shamal '"
show 2 hidden updates…