Lori's Reviews > The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: 2011, just-for-fun, travel-the-world
Recommended for: Anyone going to Disney
Read in July, 2011

If you are going to Disney World, get this book first! It is filled with excellent information - everything from the tastiest quick bites available to the most over-rated restaurants to avoid. It gives a careful rating of numerous aspects of the many, many lodging facilities available and would prove an invaluable tool for planning your Disney vacation. Sehlinger and his team work constantly to bring the most complete and detailed information to help you spend your money wisely at what can be a budget-blowing vacation.

I am a DIsney fan and am fortunate in that my husband's company plans family corporate events here every few years and because of that, we have no choice but to be there at the hottest, most crowded time of the year. Yet, with this book (and this year, the new iphone app from the same people!) we rarely stood in lines at even the most popular venues for more than 15-20 minutes. His pointers and recommendations can save you so much time and for those, like me, stuck there in the sticky heat of the summer, he even has suggestions there for which lines are in shaded, cooled areas, etc. He has multiple recommended touring plans for everything from parents with toddlers to a suggested touring guide for seniors who arrive late at a particular park.

This is my third time to use this guide as my DisneyWorld Bible and I will never attempt to do Disney again without it. I don't care how long you'll be there - 1 day or 8, this book will help you make the most of your time. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008.