Elizabeth's Reviews > Everything I Need to Know about Motherhood I Learned from Animal House

Everything I Need to Know about Motherhood I Learned from Ani... by Christina-Marie Wright

Jan 24, 2012

bookshelves: humorous-fun
Read from January 22 to 23, 2012

This is a quick, lighthearted, fun read. The book is a series of essays. My understanding is that these essays are from the authors blog. And they do read like from a blog. You know, you don't always share really deep details on line. I get that. But in a book, I think I expected just a little bit more depth. I know it's not meant to be a persons deepest darkest secrets. But I was aware as I read this this was very surface conversation--stuff I would talk about and joke about with a person I just met. That's not meant as criticism, just a statement of fact about what you are getting.

Having said that, I did enjoy this. I genuinely laughed out loud--and even read a few passages aloud to hubby. Possibly unlike many readers, I have certain things in common with the author. She has 7 children, 1 bio, 4 step, and 2 adopted. We have 9 kids. Seven are biological children and 2 were adopted. So it was fun to read her perspective on a large family and adoption.(Tip: don't adopt if you like to kill people.) Which is why at times I wanted a bit more.

But for what this book is intended, it's great. Fun. Funny. Fluffy. Light.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything I Need to Know about Motherhood I Learned from Animal House.