Annie Fyfe's Reviews > The Possibility of Everything

The Possibility of Everything by Hope Edelman

1019228
Jan 17, 2012

bookshelves: young, girl, belize, alternative, medicine, imaginary, friends, true, story

I enjoyed this book, and the way it was written kept it moving and kept me interested. I do think the way it was presented was incorrect, when reading short descriptions of the book it made it sound like this mother decides to try and heal her daughter of her imaginary friend by taking her to a shaman in Belize. This made me think the mother is a little crazy. But while reading the book you realize that they were on vacation in Belize and decided to see a shaman there and that the mother doesn't necessarily believe in alternative medicine for her daughter making it all seem more realistic. There were a few parts that got a little long when talking about the Mayan history and some of the stuff they saw while in Belize. The rest of the book was very enjoyable, however if alternative medicine doesn't interest you or you are not open to that sort of idea you might not enjoy the book as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Possibility of Everything.